Our Specialists in the Energy, Resources & Infrastructure
The Energy, Resources & Infrastructure (“ERI”) team is a dedicated practice group that harmonizes our vast experience in the maritime industry with a specialized regional energy expertise and our extensive global reach. We are one of a select number of Singapore law firms to provide this unique capability to assist clients in the region on the entire value chain of the Energy, Resources & Infrastructure sector from production to transportation and trading arrangements. Our specialized offering includes advisory, contracting drafting/review and cross-border dispute resolution but more importantly, extends to risk identification – by employing our experience in disputes and knowledge of the market, we strive to be able to identify risks and problems before they became contentious.
Metals, Minerals & Agri-Commodities
Our ERI practice has an in-depth understanding of both hard commodities such as coal and iron ore as well as soft commodities such as agricultural products. We are able to advise on various aspects of the business from the acquisition and development of mines, and processing facilities to the trading and transportation of these commodities across the globe.
Our regional experience, in particular with the markets of Indonesia, India and China include advising clients on off-take and cargo quality disputes, defaults under GAFTA and FOSFA contracts as well as other issues arising from charterparty, carriage and trade documentation.
Our expertise with Metals, Minerals & Agri-Commodities include:
- mergers and acquisitions/joint venture arrangements
- concession agreements
- mining services agreements
- engineering, procurement and construction of associated processing installations such as smelters and power plants
- trading agreements of all commodities including agricultural products
- transportation of commodities through charterparties
- bills of lading & documentary credits
Oil & Gas
We provide a unique synergy of maritime expertise with Oil& Gas specialization. Our lawyers have represented oil and gas companies, lenders, shipbuilders, shipowners, marine and offshore contractors and operators.
We are able to advise on legal issues arising from upstream E&P operations to downstream activities relating to transportation, storage, sale and purchase of oil and gas. As maritime specialists we are well placed to service and support Singapore’s growing presence in the LNG market.
Our expertise in the Oil & Gas and Offshore markets include:
- production sharing agreements
- mergers and acquisitions/ farm-in/farm-out agreements
- joint operating or joint venture agreements
- financing, chartering, operation and maintenance agreements relating to offshore facilities and vessels such as drilling and rig units, FPSO, FSOs, FSRUs and offshore support vessels
- engineering, procurement and construction of facilities and equipment such as floating production and storage units, rigs, terminals, platforms and subsea installations.
- Sale & purchase as well as trading arrangements relating to oil, petrochemical products, gas and LNG.
The team specialises in both onshore and offshore infrastructure and construction projects in Singapore and the region. We are conversant with the technical aspects of design and engineering of offshore systems and equipment as well as onshore facilities such as powerplants and terminals.
We recognise that projects can be hampered by delay and disruption. Our involvement at an early stage can often produce significant cost and time savings for the client by streamlining best practices and highlighting key risk issues in EPC contracts.