Our Partners in the Corporate & Corporate Secretarial Practice
Our Corporate & Corporate Secretarial Practice Group consists of experienced legal practitioners dedicated to assisting our clients to help to sustain and grow their businesses. We believe in establishing a close, long term working relationship of trust with our clients, providing them with high quality and commercially sound legal solutions.
We provide the full range of corporate legal and advisory services which include:
- Advising our clients on business entities, transaction structures, corporate compliance, licensing, immigration, employment, hire-purchase and property leasing; and
- Drafting of various agreements such as shareholders agreements, joint ventures (for commercial deals and real estate development), collaboration agreements, share or asset sale and purchase agreements, investment agreements, loan agreements, service, logistic and supply agreements, licensing agreements, mining agreements and distribution agreements.
Our clients come from diverse and international business sectors such as:
- Energy and natural resources
- Infrastructure and real estate
- Food and beverage
- Shipping, transport and logistics
- Automobile industry – car leasing and distribution
- Aircraft Servicing
- Supply of specialist offshore cargo carrying units to the global energy industry and offshore aviation services
- Marine Engineering Services
- Offshore Marine Centre
- Property development
- Oil Terminal Services
- Engineering and Construction
CORPORATE SECRETARIAL SERVICES
We provide the full range of corporate secretarial services such as:
- Incorporation of a Private Limited Company including preparing all incorporation documents, financial statements in XBRL format, Directors’ and/or Shareholders’ Resolutions Documentation for the Annual General Meeting, filing the Annual Return and all necessary filings with ACRA
- Filing and Registration of Charges
- Registration of a Singapore Branch Office, Representative Office and Foreign Company (Singapore Branch)
- Incorporation/Acquisition of Offshore Companies
- Maintaining of the Minute Books, Registers and other statutory records
- Providing a Nominee Director/Shareholder, nominee local agent and registered office
- Attending to routine queries relating to corporate secretarial matters
The internationalisation of Myanmar has seen a high level of commercial interest and activity flowing there from Singapore and abroad
Due to this and in conjunction with the opening of our Myanmar Office in 2013, we have a Myanmar Desk in our Singapore Office. Our Myanmar Desk is helmed by Loretta Lim who is also seconded to our Myanmar Office as an International Law Consultant.
Our Singapore corporate team works very closely with our Myanmar Office comprising ex-officials of Myanmar Investment Committee (“MIC”) and a retired judge.
Our clients come from diverse business sectors such as engineering and construction, real estate development, hotel industry, food and beverage, transportation, telecommunication, port operation and airlines. Amongst other areas of work, we have assisted our clients in MIC applications and approvals, company incorporation, joint venture negotiations and drafting of agreements, applications for permits and licences for businesses, land, import of food, food additives and drugs, application for work permit/stay permit of foreign staff.
Some recent highlights include the negotiation and drafting of agreements for a high profile renovation and refurbishment of an iconic heritage site, negotiation and drafting of a major Myanmar Oil Terminal Joint Venture Agreement, a Myanmar Property Development Joint Venture Agreement between one of the leading corporations in Myanmar in the area of real estate development and a China partner, a major Joint Venture Agreement for car distribution, and a village settlement agreement in a special economic zone for one of the world’s largest processor and merchandiser of commodities.
Our Myanmar Office has been engaged by Myanmar International Thilawa Terminals as their legal advisor. The advisory role of JTJB Senior Partner Dato’ Jude Benny to the Department of Maritime Administration and the Ministry of Transport has been instrumental in assisting Maritime Myanmar in positioning themselves as a Maritime Nation.